Are you ready to be empowered?
At Yours Truly Portraiture we empower women to gain confidence in who they are, loving themselves the way they are. This goes beyond your session as we support you in this journey of self-love. Subscribe below to join this community of ours and I'll send you a link to my guide Lingerie for Your Body Type to help you dress to best flatter your body!
While we tend to live for the glory of the big moments I believe love is found in the little ones. While boudoir is amazing and I believe every woman should have this experience (and have it every 3 years or so) I believe that relationships work because of all the work you put in between those sessions. In the every day – boudoir is just a catalyst.
Every relationship goes through seasons. In my marriage we’ve been through many. Some amazing, some incredibly challenging, some downright hard, and some just blissfully beautiful. Something that characterizes each and every season is that in those seasons I’ve had to work, both of us have had to work. Sometimes one person is working a bit harder than the other and that’s ok. Because sometimes one of you may need to carry enough for the both of you.
I’m not sure where you are right now but I’ve crafted a little list…something I can reference for the next time I’m in a season and I realize I may need to give my honey a little extra something something. I hope this list will help or at least give you some ideas in whatever season you may need them in.
1. Say you’re sorry first.
2. Notice something he has mentioned needing to replace or has been wanting and get it for him. Even something small, like new razor blades.
3. Bring home something or have something special waiting for him when he gets home. Keep it simple like his favorite candy, ice cream, or his favorite movie set up and ready for you two to watch together.
4. Give him a foot rub. Or massage.
5. Pray for him so he can hear.
6. Make a list of things you love about him, write them on sticky notes, and hide them all over the house so he’ll continue finding them throughout the week.
7. Run some errands for him that he hasn’t been able to get to–like taking the car to get the oil changed or picking up his dry cleaning.
9. Look at him appreciatively throughout the day–and let him catch you doing it.
10. Engage in his favorite hobby or pastime that he knows you don’t particularly love. A little sacrifice goes a long way!
11. Listen to him with undivided attention–no multi-tasking!
12. Find ways to connect with him physically in the mundane everyday tasks you guys do together like holding his hand while you’re at the grocery store or in the car.
13. Wear something you know he loves.
14. Gift the two of you a couples boudoir session. I know but I had to slip that in there.
15. Tell him you LOVE him. Simple but sometimes they need to hear it sincerely, while you are embracing them or looking them in the eyes to really have that truth sink in. And don’t just tell him you love him–tell him WHY you love him.
It’s love in the little things that go a long way. And it can be easier than you think. Don’t try to tackle the whole list – trust me, I know life gets in the way. But maybe when you find yourself needing something to get you to out of a rut, commit to this for a month. 15 ways in 30 or so days are more than doable.
If you loved this blog post sign up for our mailing list! At Yours Truly Portraiture photography is the medium through which we empower women to gain confidence in who they, loving themselves the way they are inspiring them to true unashamed beauty. This goes beyond your session as we create support in this journey of self-love. Subscribe to join this community of ours!